I broke down in tears that stuck in my eyes. Since yesterday, I have cried multiple times, but not that cry I used to have. It's the kind of cry I try to hold back so it doesn't fall. It creates other types of pain you can barely explain. The excruciating pain when somebody pinches something in you. It left the pain and the scars, but nothing you can do about it.
I came across a very difficult time the day I decided I needed to take a turn from what I usually do. I need to stop being "that nice person" because, when I think about this whole thing again, not everyone deserves kindness.
Somehow, I remember a fable from Greece about "A farmer and a snake".
The story began when a farmer just passed along the road in a freezing winter. He was startled when he saw this freezing snake, and he wanted to help even though it was "a snake". He is just "that kind farmer". He took the snake and embraced it, hoping that his body warm will help the snake. It did. The snake began to awaken. The moment he revived from "his death", the first thing he did was biting the farmer. This snake wasn't just a regular snake. It is a poisonous type of viper that its venom can kill a human that no one can help. The snake then just left, leaving the farmer fell to the ground screeching for helps for anyone passing by. People passed by, but nothing can change the situation. The farmer knew he couldn't last longer, so he advised everyone there:
"Learn from my fate not to take pity on a scoundrel."
Sometimes in life, you will just try your best to be the best kind of human, naively believe that all good will just attract good. Alas, it doesn't always work that way.
Sometimes, you go around trying your best not to hurt anyone and deciding things that will never make people hurt no matter what. But you forgot that there will be difficult people around that understand nothing unless you scream on their faces. And yes, they have only one rule when it is to show "power"; it is to "scream on peoples' face". That is what they do all the time. When they want to get the message across, they don't use a diplomatic way of communicating. What they always learn and believe is that, only when you're using your loud voice will people pay attention to you. That's what they give others.
I was exhausted to the point, I just don't care anymore. These people cross too many boundaries and do not know their place. Then so be it! I will just let them be. I will never come and tell them what to do, these people will never have this luxury from me. NEVER!
Now.. we all just have to move on. I believe they will learn their lesson, but it will never be from me. When that time is coming, I won't bother knowing. Farewell...
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar